Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sort of Spicy Tomato Pasta Sauce

Have you ever organized a pasta night? Last week, this is the most successful cooking session ever! I was amazed of how many friends and colleagues joined for pasta night. Typically, in a cooking session, it is about 12 people but I didn't expect that we were in total 40 people for this night. I was even surprised that the small apartment can fit that much people.

At first, I was excited to show my friends how fresh pasta taste very different from dry pasta and I only prepared fresh ones for 10 people. It takes quite a while to make it for 40 people. I actually have to ask some of them to buy dry pasta, I was glad there was a grocery store nearby.

It wouldn't be a pasta night if there weren't any sauces involved. You can see in the picture the number of wonderful sauces that were made. In total, 15 creative sauces were made and all tasted incredibly good. I learnt a lot about sauces that I was unfamiliar with.

Since I was busy making and cooking pasta, I did not took a lot of pictures that day especially that the tomato sauces were all gone after the first batch of pasta. I will post a spicy tomato sauce from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution with sausage added. Other sauces will be posted in the following week.

Serves 4-6
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
Printable Recipe

Ingredients

1/4 cup fresh basil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 fresh or dried chile, seeded and sliced
2 cans (14 oz.) diced tomatoes
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar

Procedure

1. In a pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened.

2. Add in garlic and chile and cook until fragrant, about 1 min. Stir in basil leaves.

3. Add tomatoes and balsamic vinegar to pot and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...