Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Basic Crêpes


My life as a Master student is ending soon and I will have to decide whether I am going continue for the PhD program or find a job in industry. Life is full of choices and hopefully I stick with the right choice. I haven't blog for a while, struggling in writing my statement of purpose, proposed research, application letter and CV for PhD and industry application. I'm out-of-date from one month collective cooking, but I'm still alive and keep updating as much as possible. From the same day as the Piémontaise Salad and Avgolemono Soup, my computer science friend made crêpes for desserts. You can put any fillings on crêpes, so make it fun.

Makes 12 crêpes
Preparation Time : 5 mins + overnight refrigeration
Cooking Time : 2 mins per side per crêpe

Ingredients

1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cup milk
1 pinch salt
2 eggs

Procedure

1. In a medium bowl, mix all the ingredients except for the eggs.

2. Add egg one at a time and whisk until incorporated.

3. Refrigerate batter overnight.

4. Lightly oil a medium frying pan, heat over medium heat. Scoop 1/4 cup of batter onto pan. Swirl batter until it coats the surface evenly.


5. Cook crêpe until lightly brown, about 2 minutes. Loosen with a spatula and turn. Cook for 2 more minutes. Serve hot with your favorite fillings.


1 comment:

  1. I've never attempted to make crepes. I am a little intimidated by them. You made it sound so easy, I will have to give it try. They look perfectly done.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...