Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Moist and Healthy Banana Muffin


My Taiwanese friend loves to have new guest (mainly my friends and collegues) coming to his small apartment with a 360 degrees downtown view of Montreal. I am always bringing new people almost every week to cook at his place and enjoy the food. This time, for the vegetarian theme, he made one of the most delicious muffin I have ever tasted, even better than the ones from Tim Hortons. They are large, moist, healthy and have the exact amount of sweetness, this recipe is a must try. As I have some catch-up to do with my friends, I forgot to take some step-by-step pictures of this recipe.

Makes 12 muffins
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Baking Time : 25 mins
Printable Recipe

Ingredients

4 ripe bananas
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup plain yoghurt
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Procedure

1. Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly butter and flour 12 muffin cups.

2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Add egg, sugar and oil, beat until smooth.

3. In a medium bowl, combine all-purpose flour, whole-wheat, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Incorporate gradually into the liquid mixture with a rubber spatula.

4. Add yoghurt and vanilla extract to the batter, mix until combined.

5. Fill muffin cups to 2/3 full. Bake for 25 minutes or until it passes the toothpick test. Rotate muffin pan halfway.

7 comments:

  1. Hi,

    These muffins look really great! I just wanted to let you know that Dole Foods has started a Facebook page and Twitter feed where we share a lot of tasty recipes. If you're interested you should join!
    Facebook: http://bit.ly/35ebFi

    or

    Twitter: http://bit.ly/15XFaJ

    Hope you like it and good luck with your future cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Th yogurt added a nice level of moisture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like all the healthy ingredients. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yumm, yeah yogurt and baana makes it really moist. Reminds me of an old recipe I have for banana cake in an 8 in square pan. The recipe specifies to add the baking soda to the yogurt...making it bubble and adds air. i should blog that one. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Evelyne, this seems very interesting, I didn't though of that way... Can't wait to see the post on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I love muffins, especially when I know they're healthy! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...